vSEC:CMS will change your views on how to manage the lifecycle of smart cards. The vSEC:CMS S-Series is an innovative, easily integrated and cost effective Smart Card Management System (SCMS or CMS) that will help you deploy and manage smart cards within your organization.
vSEC:CMS Connectors (see figure above)
- 1. Smart card printer for batch operations
- 2. User directory for looking up users
- 3. File and database servers
- 4. Secure transport of PIN codes
- 5. Event & log management
- 6. User photo capture
- 7. Certificate/PKI services
- 8. Physical access control systems
- 9. Hardware security module
- 10. Secondary/out-of-band communication
- 11. Key archival & key recovery
- 12. Credential provider -login screen interface
- 13. Remote security device management
- 14. User self-service application
- 15. Physical & virtual smart cards/tokens
- 16. Administrative operator console
The vSEC:CMS S-Series is fully functional with minidriver enabled smart cards and it streamlines all aspects of a smart card management system by connecting to enterprise directories, certificate authorities, physical access control systems, email servers, log servers, biometric fingerprint readers, PIN mailers... the list goes on. With vSEC:CMS organizations can issue smart cards to employees, personalize the smart card with authentication credentials and manage the lifecycle of the smart card - directly from the off-the-shelf product.
vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 4.9 is now available. A press release about this version is available here. New in this version:
- RSDM device synchronization makes it easier to synchronize repository information in vSEC:CMS when there are changes detected on the device, including manually destroying a virtual smart card, or changing the computer name.
- A FORCE UP broadcast mode on RSDM clients optimizes bandwidth usage.
- Improved Help and showing the number of pending tasks in the main menu bar.
- Support for challenge/response when performing offline PUC based unblock on PIV-enabled devices.
- Support for SCP03 and Global Platform key change, strengthening the security of Java Card management and offering support for smart card printer HID-Fargo SDK version 2.1 to enable improved batch processes.
- UniCERT RA credentials can now be HSM-based, for increased security.
- The Data Export functionality is now also available at smart card issuance, enabling functions such as printing PIN mailers.
- An optional external permission check, dependent upon Microsoft AD group membership, enables more granular access control.
- New SQL schema for all vSEC:CMS related database tables, enables better scalability and larger data sets, and new server-side SOAP API to better integrate vSEC:CMS into helpdesk application workflows, including PIN Unblock.
- See the updated list of supported smart cards here
Free Trial - Download a Demo Today!
In this downloadable version, the hardware token that the system is normally preloaded on, is simulated by software. This way you get the same experience as using the hardware token directly on your Windows PC by just downloading and running a quick installer.
To enjoy the vSEC:CMS S-Series full feature set (including Self-Service, Virtual Smart Card, HSM support...), contact Versasec to setup a Webinar or check with your local Versasec reseller.
Download the vSEC:CMS S-Series product sheet here.
More information about the complete vSEC:CMS product suite can be found here.
Update from 3rd Party SCMS
vSEC:CMS S-Series includes updgrade wizards that enables quick and simple upgrade paths from third party smart card management systems. Check out the details here on how to upgrade from Gemalto DAS / IDAdmin 100 and here on how to upgrade from Microsoft FIM CM.
The product can be purchased from authorized vSEC:CMS integrators and resellers, via our partners reseller network or contact Versasec directly to let us help you find the best way forward.
The vSEC:CMS video content can be found here.