Microsoft FIM/MIM Users - Versasec is Making Migration to vSEC:CMS Easy
By Adam Bostwick, Business Development
When Microsoft announced it would cease support for its Forefront Identity Manager (FIM), its identity and access card management system, and its successor product, Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM), we geared up to help those customers seamlessly migrate from FIM/MIM to the Versasec vSEC:CMS.
Officially, Microsoft's support for the FIM/MIM, which it is retiring, ended last October. The software giant has offered extended support for existing customers until October 2022 -- for a price. For those whose companies are impacted by the FIM/MIM support issue, we've put together a migration page to making the transition to vSEC:CMS S-Series fast and painless.
With the built-in migration wizard in vSEC:CMS S-Series, users can quickly and easily upgrade from FIM/MIM to vSEC:CMS S-Series with no business interruptions, while taking advantage of the many features and customization options vSEC:CMS S-Series provides.
Details on Migration
Here's a simple look at how the migration from FIM/MIM to vSEC:CMS works. First, Versasec secures the export of the smart card data from FIM with our FIM Export Tool. When starting the process, users can clean up the export and remove any card they do not wish to import into vSEC:CMS S-Series.
The exported data is then imported into the vSEC:CMS using Versasec's Import Wizard. During this process, the cards remain in the hands of the users; no interaction is needed, and there are no service interruptions. Once the Export/Import process is finalized, the Smart Cards are managed automatically by vSEC:CMS.
Benefits for organizations that upgrade to vSEC:CMS S-Series include:
- Scalability: The scalable solution is suitable for organizations of all sizes, types and requirements
- Cost savings: There are no hidden costs and a low total cost of ownership
- Built-in capabilities: Includes disaster recovery functions and logging capabilities
- Strong security: vSEC:CMS offers a consistently high level of security with no exceptions
- User friendliness: The system's intuitive UI improves operational efficiency
- Customizable: Advanced, flexible policies allow users to fully customize their environments
- Regular updates: There are four planned major releases per year
- Breadth of support: vSEC:CMS offers a Wide range of supported smart cards
To learn more about migration to vSEC:CMS S-Series, and to view our step-by-step instructions, contact Versasec or contact your preferred Versasec reseller. To view an overview of vSEC:CMS S-Series, please read the dedicated S-Series flyer by clicking here.
Tags: microsoft, smartcard, pki, iam, cybersecurity, two-factor.