Do not wait to migrate from unsupported Microsoft FIM CM or MIM CM
Author: Joakim Thorén, CEO
It’s been more than 18 months since Microsoft announced it would cease credential management (CM) support for its Forefront Identity Manager (FIM), its identity and access card management system, and its successor product, Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM). Since this announcement, Versasec has helped many FIM/MIM CM customers migrate to the Versasec vSEC:CMS, and we’re continuing to do so.
Microsoft has extended CM support for existing customers until October 2022, but it comes at a price. After 2022, Microsoft’s support ends. So, why not make the change now? It’s easy and we’ve created a quick guide to transitioning to vSEC:CMS S-Series easily and painlessly.
With the built-in migration wizard in vSEC:CMS S-Series, users can quickly upgrade from FIM/MIM CM to vSEC:CMS S-Series with no business interruptions, while taking advantage of the many features and customization options vSEC:CMS S-Series provides.
Benefits for organizations that upgrade to vSEC:CMS S-Series include:
- Scalability: The scalable solution is suitable for organizations of all sizes, types and requirements
- Cost savings: There are no hidden costs and a low total cost of ownership
- Built-in capabilities: Includes disaster recovery functions and logging capabilities
- Strong security: vSEC:CMS offers a consistently high level of security with no exceptions
- User friendliness: The system’s intuitive UI improves operational efficiency
- Customizable: Advanced, flexible policies allow users to fully customize their environments
- Regular updates: There are four planned major releases per year
- Breadth of support: vSEC:CMS offers a Wide range of supported PKI credentials
The vSEC:CMS migration wizard has been validated for the following Microsoft CM product versions:
Microsoft Identity Manager Certificate Manager 2016 SP1
Microsoft Identity Manager Certificate Manager 2016
Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2 SP1
Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2
Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager 2010
Microsoft Identity Lifecycle Manager 2007 FP1
Microsoft Identity Lifecycle Manager 2007
To learn more about migration to vSEC:CMS S-Series, and to view our step-by-step instructions, contact Versasec or contact your preferred Versasec reseller. To view an overview of vSEC:CMS S-Series, please read the dedicated S-Series flyer by clicking here.
To receive more information from Versasec, please contact a Versasec representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org.