Article posted: May 02, 2016
By Joakim Thorén, CEO
When you have a great working relationship with one of the best CA and PKI management systems in the world, you make your customers very happy. Now, we've formalized our working relationship with PrimeKey Solutions AB to benefit the security needs of our joint customers.
Both Versasec and PrimeKey will be working with our reseller partners to ensure they can support products from both vendors. PrimeKey is globally known for its flagship product EJBCA which is a powerful and flexible certification authority (CA), and a complete PKI management system. It supports all major PKI algorithms and protocols and is the most versatile PKI solution on the market.
We've optimized vSEC:CMS so it works seamlessly with PrimeKey's solutions, which is a tremendous advantage for our customers, particularly our large contingent of government clients. Like Versasec, PrimeKey has a proven track record for working with government entities in applications requiring the highest levels of security, and in PrimeKey's case this includes government ID cards and passports.
Our friends at PrimeKey say this relationship is a boon for their customers. Their concern always has been about retaining the product robustness and integrity needed for uncompromising security while still keeping their products flexible, scalable, and easily adaptable to their customer needs. They said being able to offer a proven off-the-shelf ready solution for CMS projects is highly beneficial for their end customers as well as partners and integrators. For users of PrimeKey's solutions, the benefits of implementing Versasec's vSEC:CMS include the following:
- Access to a CMS that is already fully integrated to EJBCA
- Fast implementation that takes minutes, rather than weeks or months
- An intuitive user interface that improves operational efficiency
- No hidden costs and a low total cost of ownership
- Consistently high security level without exception
- Large-scale capabilities, available from day one
- Easy integration with the customer's ecosystem
- Customization options
For users of Versasec's vSEC:CMS identity and access management (IAM) solution, the benefits of implementing solutions from PrimeKey include the following:
- Platform independence (Linux, Windows, mixed environments)
- Robust and highly secure solution
- Designed for scalability
- Manages several independent certificate authority (CA) hierarchies
- Uses open standards
- Supports all major PKI algorithms
- Offers full, real-time Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) support
- Supports all major PKCS#11 HSM modules