Article posted: Apr 17, 2017
By Joakim Thoren, CEO
Version 4.8 of our flagship product, vSEC:CMS is here, and this latest version incorporates more options for managing security credentials on the user side. In the latest iteration of the vSEC:CMS S-Series, the primary changes our customers will see relate to user self-service improvements.
Some of the new and interesting features in vSEC:CMS Version 4.8 revolve around new capabilities for remote security device management:
- By using the vSEC:CMS User Self-Service Credential Provider, it's now possible to issue credentials from the MS-Windows logon screen
- The vSEC:CMS User Self-Service application supports customized dialog and error messages
- With the vSEC:CMS user notification system, users can receive enhanced system notifications for smart card expirations
- We've added enforcement for server-managed PIN policies
- Improvements have been to the retire procedure for managed security devices (RSDM) including remote destruction of possible Virtual Smart Cards on such devices
- The vSEC:CMS server repository allows for synchronization of security device information (RSDM)
This is one of our most powerful updates yet. We hope you're as excited about this new version as we are. Please download your evaluation copy of vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 4.8 by clicking here.
For additional details, read the full press release on Version 4.8 here.