Versasec Announces vSEC:CMS S-Series v5.0
Stockholm, Sweden, January 16, 2018 -- Versasec, the leader in smart card management systems, today launched vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 5.0. This major update of its identity and access management solution offers a variety of new features around Remote Security Device Management (RSDM) and User Self-Service (USS), among other attributes.
With Version 5.0, Versasec has ensured that vSEC:CMS is optimized for deployment in large-scale projects. In all, more than 25 new features and 60 minor fixes make up the latest iteration of the company's flagship product.
Among the highlights of the Version 5.0 are the following:
- Increased server-side bandwidth via new load-balancing capabilities
- Improved self-service enrollment workflow; the enrollment is triggered by user directory group membership data
- Enhanced management capabilities around pending RSDM issuance requests
- Improved support for Java cards as operator- and system-owner cards
- Updated APIs on the plugin interface
- User interface updates and enhancements
- Enhanced management of smart card applets, including loading and removal, as part of the system's lifecycle operations
- The latest version also includes support for the following: Open FIPS 201 smart card applet; Oberthur PIV 8.1 smart cards, and Gemalto SafeNet Luna Network HSM v7
"As vSEC:CMS penetrates more markets around the world, we are introducing significant changes in our product architecture that help ensure our customers can keep their data safe through user authentication and identification," said Joakim Thorén, Versasec CEO. "With this major update of the vSEC:CMS S-Series, we've made our technology even easier to manage, while also enabling remote and local users to help themselves if they run into any problems with their smart cards."
Existing and new users interesting in downloading an evaluation copy of vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 5.0 can do so by visiting the Versasec web site at https://versasec.com.