Versasec's vSEC:CMS S-Series 5.2 Offers Improvements to Smart Card Interfaces, User Directories
NEW YORK And STOCKHOLM, June 28, 2018 -- Versasec, the leader in smart card management systems, today introduced version 5.2 of its flagship product, vSEC:CMS S-Series. This major new version of one of the world's leading identity and access management (IAM) solutions offers improved interfaces to a variety of smart cards, improved user directories and more.
Beyond general improvements and corrections, vSEC:CMS S-Series 5.2 includes an impressive list of new features:
- A new inventory for software version management (RSDM, USS and VSC) to improve management of vSEC:CMS software components installed on managed devices
- Updates and improvements to FixDN, a feature that finds and corrects broken links between user ID stored in vSEC:CMS and user directory (AD)
- Additional functionality to retrieve directory (AD) attributes, from the users' managers
- New options for the virtual contact interface (VCI) bits in Discovery Object, which can now be configured to set VCI PIN behavior
- An updated interface to ypsID S3 smart card to support version 3
- Improved management for PIV FASC-N Credential Numbers
- An updated interface to Thales nShield HSM
- Support for Symantec MPKI 7.5, which enables the issuance of smart card certificates from the Kuwait government PKI and affords Versasec new business opportunities in the Middle East (the company opened a Dubai office in 2017).
vSEC:CMS version 5.2 also includes support for the following: Longmai mToken CryptoID; fingerprint enrollment for ypsID S3 smart cards; and SPE (Secure PIN Entry) on Oberthur 8.1 IV cards.
"Governments and entities around the world recognize the importance of knowing who is accessing data, and our vSEC:CMS solutions make it very easy and cost effective to do so," said Joakim Thorén, Versasec CEO. "With our latest version of vSEC:CMS, we're supporting more cards and tokens, and we've simplified our interfaces, making our solution easier than ever to use."
Versasec vSEC:CMS is optimized for deployment in large-scale projects. Existing users and other interested parties interesting in downloading an evaluation copy of vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 5.2 should visit the Versasec web site at https://versasec.com.