FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN - October 2, 2018
Versasec Formally Announces Support for Users Moving from Microsoft's Unsupported FIM/MIM Identity and Access Card Management System
Versasec, the leader in smart card management systems, today announced it is assisting users impacted by Microsoft's announcement that it will no longer support its Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) identity and access card management system, and its successor product, Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM). Versasec is the only identity card management company actively providing transition assistance. In its case, Versasec is helping customers seamlessly migrate from FIM/MIM to Versasec vSEC:CMS.
Officially, Microsoft's support for the FIM/MIM, which it is retiring, ended a year ago, but the software giant extended support for existing customers until October 2022 - for a price. Versasec has put together a simple guide to help companies make the transition from FIM/MIM to the vSEC:CMS S-Series.
With the built-in migration wizard in vSEC:CMS S-Series, users can quickly and easily upgrade from FIM/MIM to vSEC:CMS S-Series with no business interruptions, while taking advantage of the many features and customization options vSEC:CMS S-Series provides.
"Thousands of users are impacted by Microsoft's decision to discontinue support for FIM and MIM, so it's important they have options that can ensure their companies lose no momentum or have gaps in their smart card security management," said Joakim Thorén, CEO of Versasec. "And that's exactly what we're providing."
Details on Migration
The migration process is simple:
- Versasec secures the export of the smart card data from FIM with its FIM Export Tool. When starting the process, users can clean up the export and remove any card they do not wish to import into vSEC:CMS S-Series.
- The exported data is then imported into the vSEC:CMS using Versasec's Import Wizard. During this process, the cards remain in the hands of the users; no interaction is needed, and there are no service interruptions.
- Once the Export/Import process is finalized, the Smart Cards are managed automatically by vSEC:CMS.
Benefits for organizations that upgrade to vSEC:CMS S-Series include:
- Scalability: The scalable solution is suitable for organizations of all sizes, types and requirements
- Cost savings: There are no hidden costs and a low total cost of ownership
- Built-in capabilities: Includes disaster recovery functions and logging capabilities
- Strong security: vSEC:CMS offers a consistently high level of security with no exceptions
- User friendliness: The system's intuitive UI improves operational efficiency
- Customization: Advanced, flexible policies allow users to fully customize their environments
- Regular updates: There are four major releases per year
- Breadth of support: vSEC:CMS offers a Wide range of supported smart cards
Companies impacted by the FIM/MIM support issue may review Versasec's quick guide that explains how users can make the transition to vSEC:CMS S-Series.
To view an overview of vSEC:CMS S-Series, please read the dedicated S-Series flyer by clicking here.
Versasec makes enterprises more secure with cybersecurity solutions empowered by hardware-based cryptography. By focusing on user credentials that enable strong multi-factor authentication, digital signatures and encryption, Versasec provides customers greater security in an increasingly connected world with growing numbers of remote workers and online business. Versasec’s flagship product, vSEC:CMS, helps companies of all sizes easily deploy and manage virtual and physical smarts cards, tokens, RFID and other PKI credentials throughout their lifecycle. Software developed by Versasec is available for on-prem and private clouds or as managed services (SaaS).
Versasec has offices in Sweden, USA, Germany, France, UAE, United Kingdom, Malaysia and Egypt. It is headquartered in Stockholm. Its customers enjoy first-class support, maintenance, and training. In addition to a variety of government agencies around the globe, Versasec’s customers include HSBC, IMF, eBay, Northrop Grumman, EDAG, Hornbach, Raiffeisen Bank, SPGroup, Sunrise Regional Health, Banque Du Liban, Swiss Mobiliar, Cleveland Clinic, SERCO, KNPC and Sandia National Labs.
Versasec's products and services are available worldwide through an extensive reseller network and via the Versasec web site: https://versasec.com