FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN - August 14, 2019
Versasec Introduces vSEC:CMS S-Series 5.6
Versasec, the leader in identity and access management (IAM) solution, unveiled Version 5.6 of vSEC:CMS S-Series today. The new version incorporates a variety of enhancements, performance improvements, updates and fixes, including extending the import wizard to support credential migration from the Gemalto/Thales SafeNet Authentication Manager (SAM), support for Thales eToken 5110 FIPS, increased flexibility around virtual smart cards (VSCs), additional options for reissuing user certificates and more.
With Version 5.6, Versasec has also added the following new features:
- A dedicated hardware security module (HSM) connector for Thales's SafeNet Data Protection On Demand Version (DPoD), so vSEC:CMS customers can increase overall security by storing their high-priority security elements, the CMS keys, in an HSM.
- Ability to "insert" and "remove" Versasec Virtual Smart Cards (VSCs) from vSEC:CMS client applications, improving flexibility and increasing the number of VSCs that can be available on a single host
- Availability of all vSEC:CMS client-side components as MSI installation packages, enabling more standardized large-scale deployment
- Added configurability for date formatting across vSEC:CMS
- Expanded communication timeout by making it configurable for the EjbCA plugin
- Improved performance in the vSEC:CMS Operator Console around application startup and lifecycle tasks
- Added support for IDEMIA/Oberthur PIV Minidriver including more features of the card (minimum version required: 188.8.131.52)
- Improved connection to neXus certificate authority (CA)
- Key archival and recovery improvements
- Added new support tasks: Defragmentation and Forced garbage collection
"With Version 5.6 of vSEC:CMS, we've made some important and exciting changes, including connectivity to the Thales Cloud HSM, and support for the Thales eToken 5110 FIPS. But perhaps the most important new feature in Version 5.6 is the improvement we've made so customers can easily import their user credentials from the Gemalto/Thales SafeNet Authentication Manager, which is a very positive development for thousands of users," said Joakim Thorén, CEO of Versasec. "With this version we've also made additional enhancements that improve vSEC:CMS's functionality and ease of use. Users can download an evaluation copy on our website."
About vSEC:CMS S-Series
While most companies recognize the importance of two-factor authentication (2FA) of user identities, managing their 2FA implementations with proprietary solutions in-house can be time consuming and costly. Versasec's cost-effective, easily implemented and intuitive vSEC:CMS solutions remove the barriers to true identity and access management (IAM). Versasec vSEC:CMS is optimized for deployment in large-scale projects. Existing users and other interested parties interested in downloading an evaluation copy of vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 5.6 should visit the Versasec web site at https://versasec.com.
- Our use cases: https://versasec.com/company/casestudies
- Our partners: https://versasec.com/company/partners
- Our customers: https://versasec.com/company/customers
- Our blog: https://versasec.com/blog/
- Video on acquiring additional vSEC:CMS licenses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmIBlFccM0
Versasec makes enterprises more secure with cybersecurity solutions empowered by hardware-based cryptography. By focusing on user credentials that enable strong multi-factor authentication, digital signatures and encryption, Versasec provides customers greater security in an increasingly connected world with growing numbers of remote workers and online business. Versasec’s flagship product, vSEC:CMS, helps companies of all sizes easily deploy and manage virtual and physical smarts cards, tokens, RFID and other PKI credentials throughout their lifecycle. Software developed by Versasec is available for on-prem and private clouds or as managed services (SaaS).
Versasec has offices in Sweden, USA, Germany, France, UAE, United Kingdom, Malaysia and Egypt. It is headquartered in Stockholm. Its customers enjoy first-class support, maintenance, and training. In addition to a variety of government agencies around the globe, Versasec’s customers include HSBC, IMF, eBay, Northrop Grumman, EDAG, Hornbach, Raiffeisen Bank, SPGroup, Sunrise Regional Health, Banque Du Liban, Swiss Mobiliar, Cleveland Clinic, SERCO, KNPC and Sandia National Labs.
Versasec's products and services are available worldwide through an extensive reseller network and via the Versasec web site: https://versasec.com