FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN - August 14, 2019
Versasec Introduces vSEC:CMS S-Series 5.6
Versasec, the leader in identity and access management (IAM) solution, unveiled Version 5.6 of vSEC:CMS S-Series today. The new version incorporates a variety of enhancements, performance improvements, updates and fixes, including extending the import wizard to support credential migration from the Gemalto/Thales SafeNet Authentication Manager (SAM), support for Thales eToken 5110 FIPS, increased flexibility around virtual smart cards (VSCs), additional options for reissuing user certificates and more.
With Version 5.6, Versasec has also added the following new features:
- A dedicated hardware security module (HSM) connector for Thales's SafeNet Data Protection On Demand Version (DPoD), so vSEC:CMS customers can increase overall security by storing their high-priority security elements, the CMS keys, in an HSM.
- Ability to "insert" and "remove" Versasec Virtual Smart Cards (VSCs) from vSEC:CMS client applications, improving flexibility and increasing the number of VSCs that can be available on a single host
- Availability of all vSEC:CMS client-side components as MSI installation packages, enabling more standardized large-scale deployment
- Added configurability for date formatting across vSEC:CMS
- Expanded communication timeout by making it configurable for the EjbCA plugin
- Improved performance in the vSEC:CMS Operator Console around application startup and lifecycle tasks
- Added support for IDEMIA/Oberthur PIV Minidriver including more features of the card (minimum version required: 188.8.131.52)
- Improved connection to neXus certificate authority (CA)
- Key archival and recovery improvements
- Added new support tasks: Defragmentation and Forced garbage collection
"With Version 5.6 of vSEC:CMS, we've made some important and exciting changes, including connectivity to the Thales Cloud HSM, and support for the Thales eToken 5110 FIPS. But perhaps the most important new feature in Version 5.6 is the improvement we've made so customers can easily import their user credentials from the Gemalto/Thales SafeNet Authentication Manager, which is a very positive development for thousands of users," said Joakim Thorén, CEO of Versasec. "With this version we've also made additional enhancements that improve vSEC:CMS's functionality and ease of use. Users can download an evaluation copy on our website."
About vSEC:CMS S-Series
While most companies recognize the importance of two-factor authentication (2FA) of user identities, managing their 2FA implementations with proprietary solutions in-house can be time consuming and costly. Versasec's cost-effective, easily implemented and intuitive vSEC:CMS solutions remove the barriers to true identity and access management (IAM). Versasec vSEC:CMS is optimized for deployment in large-scale projects. Existing users and other interested parties interested in downloading an evaluation copy of vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 5.6 should visit the Versasec web site at https://versasec.com.
- Our use cases: https://versasec.com/company/casestudies
- Our partners: https://versasec.com/company/partners
- Our customers: https://versasec.com/company/customers
- Our blog: https://versasec.com/blog/
- Video on acquiring additional vSEC:CMS licenses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmIBlFccM0
Versasec is the leading provider of state-of-the-art highly secure identity and access management solutions. With its flagship product, vSEC:CMS, Versasec eases the deployment of physical and virtual smart cards for enterprises of any size. Versasec's solutions enable its customers to securely authenticate, issue and manage user credentials more cost effectively than other solutions on the market.
Versasec maintains its mission of providing solutions that are affordable and easy to integrate, coupled with first-class support, maintenance, and training. Versasec customers include HSBC, Tieto, Raiffeisenbank, Hornbach, Daimler, Australia's Department of Defence, European Commission, Qualcomm, eBay, Saudi Aramco, IMF, L'Oreal and Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. Versasec has offices in Sweden, Dubai, Singapore, the United States, the United Kingdom, France and Germany.