FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN - January 28, 2020
Versasec Unveils vSEC:CMS S5.7
Versasec, the leader in identity and access management (IAM) solutions, today introduced vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 5.7. In addition to supporting physical and Virtual Smart Cards (VSCs), the latest version of Versasec’s flagship product now also manages Windows Hello for Business (WHfB) credentials. WHfB, the next generation of Microsoft's virtual smart card, is available in Microsoft Windows 10. While WHfB can be used "as is" through Windows logon, vSEC:CMS 5.7 helps users leverage its full management capabilities for strong two-factor authentication (2FA) and support a larger public key infrastructure (PKI) set with additional certificate authority providers. Using vSEC:CMS with WHfB also increases issuance security and traceability.
vSEC:CMS S5.7 also now includes support for OpenID Connect (OIDC) which allows for secondary user authentication in self-service workflows for credential issuance and unblock, for example. This change enables the interaction with all OIDC-compatible Identity Providers (IdP).
The new version also has an added backend check (conducted against a primary device owner’s database) that helps verify users requesting to enroll credentials, enabling better control of which users may enroll which credentials on which managed device or devices.
Other enhancements found in vSEC:CMS 5.7 include the following:
- Availability in a 64-bit version that allows for integration with 64-bit Thales/Gemalto Data Protection on Demand (DPoD).
- Ability to initialize tokens with the CryptoVision PKI applet during smart card registration.
- Added or improved support for smart cards including Thales MultiApp V4x, Thales eToken 5110 CC (940), and Thales IDPrime PIV 2.1.
- Functionality for configuring whether a smart card should be automatically revoked before self-service issuance.
- Added a new feature for testing graphical card layouts when issuing smart cards with a smart card printer.
- Updated user interface and experience on the operator console.
- Offers options that allow users to configure which characters will be used when the system generates PINs during smart card initiation.
Other news in version 5.7 include search speed improvements, support for additional PIN policies, enhanced credential import capabilities and more.
"Version 5.7 of vSEC:CMS is one of our most ambitious releases to date with many important enhancements and updates. Most exciting, though, is our ability to really enhance the experience for Windows Hello for Business users who, through 5.7, can truly take advantage of everything WHfB has to offer around strong user authentication," said Joakim Thorén, CEO of Versasec.
About vSEC:CMS S-Series
While most companies recognize the importance of two-factor authentication (2FA) of user identities, managing their 2FA implementations with proprietary solutions in-house can be time consuming and costly. Versasec's cost-effective, easily implemented and intuitive vSEC:CMS solutions remove the barriers to true identity and access management (IAM). Versasec vSEC:CMS is optimized for deployment in large-scale projects. Existing users and other interested parties interested in downloading an evaluation copy of vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 5.7 should visit the Versasec web site at https://versasec.com.
- Our use cases: https://versasec.com/company/casestudies
- Our partners: https://versasec.com/company/partners
- Our customers: https://versasec.com/company/customers
- Our blog: https://versasec.com/blog/
- Video on acquiring additional vSEC:CMS licenses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmIBlFccM0
Versasec makes enterprises more secure with cybersecurity solutions empowered by hardware-based cryptography. By focusing on user credentials that enable strong multi-factor authentication, digital signatures and encryption, Versasec provides customers greater security in an increasingly connected world with growing numbers of remote workers and online business. Versasec’s flagship product, vSEC:CMS, helps companies of all sizes easily deploy and manage virtual and physical smarts cards, tokens, RFID and other PKI credentials throughout their lifecycle. Software developed by Versasec is available for on-prem and private clouds or as managed services (SaaS).
Versasec has offices in Sweden, USA, Germany, France, UAE, United Kingdom, Malaysia and Egypt. It is headquartered in Stockholm. Its customers enjoy first-class support, maintenance, and training. In addition to a variety of government agencies around the globe, Versasec’s customers include HSBC, IMF, eBay, Northrop Grumman, EDAG, Hornbach, Raiffeisen Bank, SPGroup, Sunrise Regional Health, Banque Du Liban, Swiss Mobiliar, Cleveland Clinic, SERCO, KNPC and Sandia National Labs.
Versasec's products and services are available worldwide through an extensive reseller network and via the Versasec web site: https://versasec.com