FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN - June 8, 2020
Versasec Launches vSEC:CMS v5.8
Versasec, the leader in identity and access management (IAM) solutions, today introduced vSEC:CMS Version 5.8. The focus for this brand-new version has been to significantly speed up all transactions and workflows in the product: faster database transactions, faster network communication and faster access to our state-of-the-art product. With vSEC:CMS Version 5.8 we are introducing the ability to evaluate our full product features in minutes with no need for external hardware.
Enhancements found in vSEC:CMS 5.8 include the following:
- Updated database interface enabling faster operations, lower memory usage and higher throughput.
- SSL is now supported for the gRPC protocol. gRPC significantly improves client server communication speed and resource usage.
- It is now possible to install vSEC:CMS without a physical System Owner Card. This enables a much faster Proof of Concept (PoC) setup!
- Enhanced Windows Hello for Business (WHfB) integration with support for multi-role user accounts, multi-key per container and connectors to additional CAs.
- RSDM can now make use of the fast gRPC protocol
- The Thales TCT Luna T-Series HSM can now be utilized by vSEC:CMS
- The following PKI credentials are now fully supported by vSEC:CMS:
- Thales IDPrime 930/3930
- Aventra MyEID 4.5
- Key-ID PKI
- Extended Feitian FIDO Security Key support: In this version we have further improved the management of Feitian's tokens and smart cards. Extra attention has been put on the new K9 token and PIV applet management.
"Version 5.8 is the best version of vSEC:CMS that we have ever made. In our tests we see 15 times faster startup of the system - that alone is worth the upgrade. I am also excited about the further integration with smart and convenient virtual credentials, such as Microsoft WHfB and Thales IDPrime Virtual that we now have performed," said Joakim Thorén, CEO and Founder of Versasec.
While most companies recognize the importance of two-factor authentication (2FA) of user identities, managing their 2FA implementations with proprietary solutions in-house can be time consuming and costly. Versasec's cost-effective, easily implemented, and intuitive vSEC:CMS remove the barriers to identity and access management (IAM). Versasec vSEC:CMS is optimized for deployment in large-scale projects.
- Cases: https://versasec.com/company/casestudies
- Resellers: https://versasec.com/company/partners
- Support: https://support.versasec.com/
- Blog: https://versasec.com/blog
- How to acquire additional vSEC:CMS licenses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmIBlFccM0
Versasec makes enterprises more secure with cybersecurity solutions empowered by hardware-based cryptography. By focusing on user credentials that enable strong multi-factor authentication, digital signatures and encryption, Versasec provides customers greater security in an increasingly connected world with growing numbers of remote workers and online business. Versasec’s flagship product, vSEC:CMS, helps companies of all sizes easily deploy and manage virtual and physical smarts cards, tokens, RFID and other PKI credentials throughout their lifecycle. Software developed by Versasec is available for on-prem and private clouds or as managed services (SaaS).
Versasec has offices in Sweden, USA, Germany, France, UAE, United Kingdom, Malaysia and Egypt. It is headquartered in Stockholm. Its customers enjoy first-class support, maintenance, and training. In addition to a variety of government agencies around the globe, Versasec’s customers include HSBC, IMF, eBay, Northrop Grumman, EDAG, Hornbach, Raiffeisen Bank, SPGroup, Sunrise Regional Health, Banque Du Liban, Swiss Mobiliar, Cleveland Clinic, SERCO, KNPC and Sandia National Labs.
Versasec's products and services are available worldwide through an extensive reseller network and via the Versasec web site: https://versasec.com