FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN - June 8, 2020
Versasec Launches vSEC:CMS v5.8
Versasec, the leader in identity and access management (IAM) solutions, today introduced vSEC:CMS Version 5.8. The focus for this brand-new version has been to significantly speed up all transactions and workflows in the product: faster database transactions, faster network communication and faster access to our state-of-the-art product. With vSEC:CMS Version 5.8 we are introducing the ability to evaluate our full product features in minutes with no need for external hardware.
Enhancements found in vSEC:CMS 5.8 include the following:
- Updated database interface enabling faster operations, lower memory usage and higher throughput.
- SSL is now supported for the gRPC protocol. gRPC significantly improves client server communication speed and resource usage.
- It is now possible to install vSEC:CMS without a physical System Owner Card. This enables a much faster Proof of Concept (PoC) setup!
- Enhanced Windows Hello for Business (WHfB) integration with support for multi-role user accounts, multi-key per container and connectors to additional CAs.
- RSDM can now make use of the fast gRPC protocol
- The Thales TCT Luna T-Series HSM can now be utilized by vSEC:CMS
- The following PKI credentials are now fully supported by vSEC:CMS:
- Thales IDPrime 930/3930
- Aventra MyEID 4.5
- Key-ID PKI
- Extended Feitian FIDO Security Key support: In this version we have further improved the management of Feitian's tokens and smart cards. Extra attention has been put on the new K9 token and PIV applet management.
"Version 5.8 is the best version of vSEC:CMS that we have ever made. In our tests we see 15 times faster startup of the system - that alone is worth the upgrade. I am also excited about the further integration with smart and convenient virtual credentials, such as Microsoft WHfB and Thales IDPrime Virtual that we now have performed," said Joakim Thorén, CEO and Founder of Versasec.
While most companies recognize the importance of two-factor authentication (2FA) of user identities, managing their 2FA implementations with proprietary solutions in-house can be time consuming and costly. Versasec's cost-effective, easily implemented, and intuitive vSEC:CMS remove the barriers to identity and access management (IAM). Versasec vSEC:CMS is optimized for deployment in large-scale projects.
- Cases: https://versasec.com/company/casestudies
- Resellers: https://versasec.com/company/partners
- Support: https://support.versasec.com/
- Blog: https://versasec.com/blog
- How to acquire additional vSEC:CMS licenses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmIBlFccM0
Versasec is the leading provider of state-of-the-art highly secure identity and access management solutions. With its flagship product, vSEC:CMS, Versasec eases the deployment of physical and virtual smart cards for enterprises of any size. Versasec's solutions enable its customers to securely authenticate, issue and manage user credentials more cost effectively than other solutions on the market.
Versasec maintains its mission of providing solutions that are affordable and easy to integrate, coupled with first-class support, maintenance, and training. Versasec customers include HSBC, Tieto, Raiffeisenbank, Hornbach, Daimler, Australia's Department of Defence, European Commission, Qualcomm, eBay, Saudi Aramco, IMF, L'Oreal and Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. Versasec has offices in Sweden, Dubai, Singapore, the United States, the United Kingdom, France and Germany.