vSEC:CMS will change your views on how to manage the lifecycle of user authentication credentials. The vSEC:CMS S-Series is an innovative, easily integrated and cost effective Smart Card Management System or Credential Management System (SCMS or CMS) that will help you deploy and manage credentials within your organization.
The vSEC:CMS S-Series is fully functional with minidriver enabled credentials such as smart cards and it streamlines all aspects of managing credentials by connecting to enterprise directories, certificate authorities, physical access control systems, email servers, log servers, biometric fingerprint readers, PIN mailers... the list goes on. With vSEC:CMS organizations can issue badges to employees, personalize the badges with authentication credentials and manage the lifecycle of the badges - directly from the off-the-shelf product.
vSEC:CMS Connectors (see figure above)
- 1. Smart card printer for batch operations
- 2. User directory for looking up users
- 3. File and database servers
- 4. Secure transport of PIN codes
- 5. Event & log management
- 6. User photo capture
- 7. Certificate/PKI services
- 8. Physical access control systems
- 9. Hardware security module
- 10. Secondary/out-of-band communication
- 11. Key archival & key recovery
- 12. Credential provider -login screen interface
- 13. Remote security device management
- 14. User self-service application
- 15. Physical & virtual smart cards/tokens
- 16. Administrative operator console
vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 5.6 is now available. A press release about this version is available here. This newest version incorporates a variety of important new features.
vSEC:CMS S5.6 adds support for the following:
- The vSEC:CMS migration wizard has been extended to support credential migration from Gemalto/Thales SafeNet Authentication Manager - SAM.
- Support for the Thales eToken 5110 FIPS.
- A dedicated HSM connector is now available for the Thales DPoD HSM.
- Versasec Virtual Smart Cards (VSC) can now be “inserted” and “removed” from the vSEC:CMS client applications, which improves flexibility and increases the number of VSCs that can be available on a single terminal.
- All vSEC:CMS client-side components are now available as MSI installation packages.
- The formatting of dates across vSEC:CMS is now configurable.
- Performance improvements from using compiler code optimization in the vSEC:CMS service.
- Communication timeout is now configurable for EjbCA plugin.
- Performance improvements in the vSEC:CMS Operator Console around application startup and life cycle task.
- Support for IDEMIA/Oberthur PIV Minidriver has been added to support more features of the card.
- The size of the SQL database is now displayed under Help - Diagnostics and Options - Connections.
- The content of subject alternative name in certificate requests sent to neXus CA is now configurable.
- Details of selected records in "Archived Keys Repository" is now displayed.
- Configurable amount of archived keys restored during credential issuance.
- Option if a new key should be generated at reissue (re-keying).
- New support tasks: Database defragmentation and Garbage collection.
- See the updated list of supported credentials here.
The vSEC:CMS S-Series scales with your project. With the new load balancing capabilty, there is no upper limit!
Integrability - APIs
The vSEC:CMS S-Series can be integrated and connected in many different ways, the drawing below is trying to visualize the most commonly used options.
Free Trial - Download a Demo Today!
In this downloadable version, the hardware token that the system is normally preloaded on, is simulated by software. This way you get the same experience as using the hardware token directly on your Windows PC by just downloading and running a quick installer. [more]
Download the vSEC:CMS S-Series product sheet here. [pdf]
More information about the complete vSEC:CMS product suite can be found here. [more]
Update from 3rd Party SCMS
vSEC:CMS S-Series includes updgrade wizards that enables quick and simple upgrade paths from third party credential management systems. Check out the details here on how to upgrade from Gemalto DAS / IDAdmin 100 and here on how to upgrade from Microsoft MIM/FIM CM.
The vSEC:CMS video content can be found here.