vSEC:CMS will change your views on how to manage the lifecycle of smart cards. The vSEC:CMS S-Series is an innovative, easily integrated and cost effective Smart Card Management System (SCMS or CMS) that will help you deploy and manage smart cards within your organization.
The vSEC:CMS S-Series is fully functional with minidriver enabled smart cards and it streamlines all aspects of a smart card management system by connecting to enterprise directories, certificate authorities, physical access control systems, email servers, log servers, biometric fingerprint readers, PIN mailers... the list goes on. With vSEC:CMS organizations can issue smart cards to employees, personalize the smart card with authentication credentials and manage the lifecycle of the smart card - directly from the off-the-shelf product.
vSEC:CMS Connectors (see figure above)
- 1. Smart card printer for batch operations
- 2. User directory for looking up users
- 3. File and database servers
- 4. Secure transport of PIN codes
- 5. Event & log management
- 6. User photo capture
- 7. Certificate/PKI services
- 8. Physical access control systems
- 9. Hardware security module
- 10. Secondary/out-of-band communication
- 11. Key archival & key recovery
- 12. Credential provider -login screen interface
- 13. Remote security device management
- 14. User self-service application
- 15. Physical & virtual smart cards/tokens
- 16. Administrative operator console
The vSEC:CMS S-Series is fully functional with minidriver enabled smart cards and it streamlines all aspects of managing credentials by connecting to enterprise directories, certificate authorities, physical access control systems, email servers, log servers, biometric fingerprint readers, PIN mailers... the list goes on. With vSEC:CMS organizations can issue smart cards to employees, personalize the smart card with authentication credentials and manage the lifecycle of the smart card - directly from the off-the-shelf product.
vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 5.5 is now available. A press release about this version is available here. This newest version incorporates a variety of important new features.
vSEC:CMS 5.5 adds support for the following:
- Fingerprint enrollment using Oberthur PIV 8.1 smart cards
- Gemalto IDPrime MD 3940 smart cards
- Gemalto PIV 3.0 smart cards
- Identiv uTrust MD smart cards
- R-END/R-MAC in the GlobalPlatform secure messaging for Oberthur PIV 8.1 (2.4.1-SPE)
- PUC-based challenge/response PIN unblock for all vSEC:CMS supported PIV smart cards
- See the updated list of supported smart cards here
New features within vSEC:CMS include the following:
- Subscription-based licensing
- Ability to export certificate data when performing life cycle / certificate operations.
- Option to server-side import PKCS#12/PFX files for smart card issuance
- HSM protected GlobalPlatform keys for Oberthur PIV 8.1 cards
- Smart card delete function is added to the SOAP API
- New configuration option to set if Operator Console shall do certificate requests to Microsoft CA directly or via vSEC:CMS server (proxy)
- Added functionality to allow for the reconfiguration of MS SQL connection when the local internal database is empty
- Ability to rebuild local cached database from MS SQL
- Versasec-Activator SO Session: Once a System Owner card has been used to authenticate, the System Owner PIN is not asked for again for 10 minutes, enabling issuance of multiple operator cards
- A feature has been added to allow manual creation of System Owner cards
- Manual deletion of operator accounts
- The error returned on life cycle card issuance is now configurable
- Ability to store only overview data for RSDM device info
The vSEC:CMS S-Series scales with your project. With the new load balancing capabilty, there is no upper limit!
Integrability - APIs
The vSEC:CMS S-Series can be integrated and connected in many different ways, the drawing below is trying to visualize the most commonly used options.
Free Trial - Download a Demo Today!
In this downloadable version, the hardware token that the system is normally preloaded on, is simulated by software. This way you get the same experience as using the hardware token directly on your Windows PC by just downloading and running a quick installer. [more]
Download the vSEC:CMS S-Series product sheet here. [pdf]
More information about the complete vSEC:CMS product suite can be found here. [more]
Update from 3rd Party SCMS
vSEC:CMS S-Series includes updgrade wizards that enables quick and simple upgrade paths from third party smart card management systems. Check out the details here on how to upgrade from Gemalto DAS / IDAdmin 100 and here on how to upgrade from Microsoft MIM/FIM CM.
The vSEC:CMS video content can be found here.