vSEC:CMS will change your views on how to manage the lifecycle of smart cards. The vSEC:CMS S-Series is an innovative, easily integrated and cost effective Smart Card Management System (SCMS or CMS) that will help you deploy and manage smart cards within your organization.
vSEC:CMS Connectors (see figure above)
- 1. Smart card printer for batch operations
- 2. User directory for looking up users
- 3. File and database servers
- 4. Secure transport of PIN codes
- 5. Event & log management
- 6. User photo capture
- 7. Certificate/PKI services
- 8. Physical access control systems
- 9. Hardware security module
- 10. Secondary/out-of-band communication
- 11. Key archival & key recovery
- 12. Credential provider -login screen interface
- 13. Remote security device management
- 14. User self-service application
- 15. Physical & virtual smart cards/tokens
- 16. Administrative operator console
The vSEC:CMS S-Series is fully functional with minidriver enabled smart cards and it streamlines all aspects of a smart card management system by connecting to enterprise directories, certificate authorities, physical access control systems, email servers, log servers, biometric fingerprint readers, PIN mailers... the list goes on. With vSEC:CMS organizations can issue smart cards to employees, personalize the smart card with authentication credentials and manage the lifecycle of the smart card - directly from the off-the-shelf product.
vSEC:CMS S-Series Version 5.4 is now available. A press release about this version is available here. This newest version incorporates a variety of important new features, including new console capabilities and support for Gemalto eToken 5300 and the Matica 8300 card printer. This version includes the impressive list of new features presented below and boasts a long list of general improvements and corrections:
- Supports encoded PIN policies on PIV cards
- Includes updates such as a new support console task that unhides all hidden card templates, and the Versasec-Activator.exe in the operator console installer
- Provides support for linked mode PIN configuration as well as management of the OTP applet on Gemalto IDPrime MD 840 cards
- Includes a black list configuration option for smart card mini-drivers
- Adds an option for excluding key store configuration when rebuilding SQL read cache
- Adds new machine GUID encoding to the RSDM device onboarding procedure
- Offers the option of excluding key store configuration when rebuilding SQL read cache
- Includes an updated HSM interface to support SafeNet Luna 7.0.3
- Allows for server-side configuration for reporting client-side windows events into RSDM errors repository
- Improves the logging of statistical data in the vSEC:CMS Service
- Enables more extensive integration with lifecycle SOAP API calls now returning full error stack in case of an error
- Optimizes Operator Console card issuance to increase speed of operation
- Improves server performance by handling certain RSDM remote function calls asynchronously
- Optimizes client session management in SOAP servers to lower traffic to vSEC:CMS Service when keeping sessions alive and makes SOAP server performance data available in trace files
- Allows the SQL read cache to be turned off for transaction log data
- See the updated list of supported smart cards here
The vSEC:CMS S-Series scales with your project. With the new load balancing capabilty, there is no upper limit!
Integrability - APIs
The vSEC:CMS S-Series can be integrated and connected in many different ways, the drawing below is trying to visualize the most commonly used options.
Free Trial - Download a Demo Today!
In this downloadable version, the hardware token that the system is normally preloaded on, is simulated by software. This way you get the same experience as using the hardware token directly on your Windows PC by just downloading and running a quick installer.
To enjoy the vSEC:CMS S-Series full feature set (including Self-Service, Virtual Smart Card, HSM support...), contact Versasec to setup a Webinar or check with your local Versasec reseller.
Download the vSEC:CMS S-Series product sheet here.
More information about the complete vSEC:CMS product suite can be found here.
Update from 3rd Party SCMS
vSEC:CMS S-Series includes updgrade wizards that enables quick and simple upgrade paths from third party smart card management systems. Check out the details here on how to upgrade from Gemalto DAS / IDAdmin 100 and here on how to upgrade from Microsoft MIM/FIM CM.
The product can be purchased from authorized vSEC:CMS integrators and resellers, via our partners reseller network or contact Versasec directly to let us help you find the best way forward.
The vSEC:CMS video content can be found here.