- Information that you provide to us
- Information that we collect automatically from you
- Information we collect from third parties
- Unsolicited information
- How do we use your information
- When do we share your information
- Is your information transferred internationally?
- How long do we keep your information
- How do we keep your data secure
- Your rights
- European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
- Legal bases for collecting and using information
- How to reach us
Information that you provide to us
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect information that you provide, such as when you:
- Sign up to download free software or demo versions
- Subscribe to our newsletters
- Send questions or comments via email, social media, or our Support Portal
- Or, otherwise, communicate with us through the Services.
The types of personal information that you provide may include:
- Your name and email
- Postal address, billing address, tax identification number, contact information of an billing representative
- Other contact or identifying information that you choose to provide
- Versasec stores, processes and maintains data that you enter or upload using the Services—including previous versions of your data.
Information that we collect automatically from you
Our system may automatically record certain information about your use of the Services, such as basic access information (e.g., browser version, IP address, date and time of access, cookie ID, referrer URL, downloaded software, etc.).
Information we collect from third parties
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Services. We use analytics services and software provided by third parties to help us understand how users access and use the Services. These tools and services place browser cookies, tracking pixels, or related technology on our Services to enable them to track usage data. The data collected typically includes basic access information (e.g., browser version, IP address, date and time of access, cookie ID, referrer URL, etc.).
You may provide us with ideas for new products or modifications to existing products, and other unsolicited submissions (collectively, “Unsolicited Information”). All Unsolicited Information shall be deemed to be non-confidential, and we shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute such Unsolicited Information to others without limitation or attribution.
How do we use your information
The information that you provided to us or that we collected from you or third parties is used for the purposes described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you in connection with the Services. Such uses may include for example:
- Operate and improve the Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you product update materials, including promotional information about new products and product features, enhancements and other events of interest from Versasec;
- Send you security alerts, and support or administrative messages;
- Respond to your, comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Monitor and evaluate activity trends and usage patterns in connection with the Services;
- Personalize the Services.
Your personal data will be retained until you actively exercise your rights to delete them as listed below.
When do we share your information
We do not sell your personal information.
We may share personal information in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
Agents, consultants and related third parties: Like many businesses, we sometimes hire third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work on our behalf, host our data, and need access to your information to carry out their work for us. We ensure that all these entities are compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulations. All these third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the personal information they obtain from us. Unless we notify you otherwise and provide you with an opportunity to opt out, they will not use your personal information for any purpose other than as described in this Policy.
Business transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.
Consent: We may transfer your information with your consent.
Legal requirements: We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) Comply with a legal obligation; (ii) Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company or Related Companies; (iii) Protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public; or (iv) Protect against legal liability.
Is your information transferred internationally?
We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own. Our servers are located in Germany. If you are accessing our sites from outside of EU, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information, in and other countries. If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, then these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or other similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. We will however take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
How long do we keep your information
We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law. We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How do we keep your data secure
Versasec takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is protected from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. The safeguards in place are documented in our Security Policy.
The protection of the privacy of young children is very important. Our Services are not directed to children younger than 16 years. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 without parental consent. If you are under the age of 16 years, then please do not use the Services at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personal information has been collected on the Service from persons under 16 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 16 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at email@example.com
With regards to how we handle your personal information, you have several choices available. Exercise your rights by getting in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Opt-out of electronic communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional and assistance emails from us at any time. If you opt out of promotional or assistance messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices (“transactional messages”).
Set your browser to reject cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our websites. Please keep in mind that some websites and features may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
If you are located in specific countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights concerning your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request portability of your personal data.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority. Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to exercise your rights listed above.
Legal bases for collecting and using information
There are several reasons, why we may be obliged to use your personal information, such as:
- To fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you;
- For compliance with any legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests or those of another person;
- To provide and update the Services, to improve the Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard the Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with the Services, and to personalize your experience;
- Or because you have given us your consent.
How to reach us
To execute your rights or for any questions about privacy related topics please contact us
firstname.lastname@example.org Versasec AB Box 3106, Regeringsgatan 56 103 62 Stockholm, Sweden Phone: +46 8-555 103 10
Last updated: 2018-05-21